21 November 2007


First day of snow here in Lincoln. It's a very light, soft snow. I took a walk in it this morning... it was quite beautiful. The wind was piercing and the snow was blown around effortlessly by the wind... but in the tranquil areas, where the wind could not touch the snow, the snow fell so aimlessly and yet so eloquently.

I find hope in the snow. Something that exists naturally that is so beautiful, pure, and innocent. In its floating around it is so simply full of wonder. It is only tainted once it hits the ground... which gets me to thinking that we were meant to fly. But we have fallen...
and hit the ground...
and been ever so tainted.
I can only hope that one day the wind will pick us back up again... and we will float around as beautiful, pure, and innocent as the snow.

1 comment:

Dillon said...

A Patch of Old Snow

There's a patch of old snow in a corner
That I should have guessed
Was a blow-away paper the rain
Had brought to rest.

It is speckled with grime as if
Small print overspread it,
The news of a day I've forgotten --
If I ever read it.

Robert Frost